Deep Plane Facelift
Dr. Joseph Rousso is a double board-certified New York Facelift and facial plastic surgeon that specializes in deep plane facelifts and extended deep plane facelifts. He is in an elite class due to his training and education, and his experience and expertise in facelift cosmetic surgeries have made him a top New York facial plastic surgeon. Beauty and balance are evident in every procedure Dr. Rousso completes, including his facelift plastic surgeries. His focus on using the most advanced surgical techniques for natural and lasting results for facelifts has made him one of the most sought-after facelift surgeons in NYC, for both female and male facelift procedures.
Dr. Rousso has perfected a technique for drain free extended deep plane facelift and neck lifts which make recovery easier and provides the following benefits to patients:
- Less post-operative pain and discomfort
- Less need for post operative care
- Minimal scarring
What is a Deep Plane Facelift?
A Deep Plane Facelift is a surgical procedure that is used to rejuvenate the appearance of the face by lifting and tightening the underlying layers of the face. This technique targets the deep plane layer, which is located beneath the muscle layer of the face. By accessing this deeper layer, Dr. Rousso can lift and reposition the muscles, fat, and other tissues in a more natural and effective way, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
The procedure is typically performed under general anesthesia, and involves making incisions along the hairline and around the ears. Dr. Rousso then lifts the skin and underlying tissues to access the deep plane layer, and repositions and sutures the tissues in place. The incisions are then closed and bandaged, and the patient is typically advised to rest and avoid strenuous activity for a few weeks while the face heals.
Compared to traditional facelift techniques, the Deep Plane Facelift is considered to be a more advanced and sophisticated procedure, as it allows for more natural-looking results and a longer-lasting outcome. However, it is also a more complex and invasive procedure, and may not be suitable for all patients.
What Age Provides the Best Results of a Deep Plane Facelift?
The optimal age for a deep plane facelift varies from person to person and depends on several factors, including the individual’s overall health, skin quality, and desired outcome.
Generally, candidates for a deep plane facelift are usually in their 40s to 60s, but this can vary. Some of our patients may benefit from the procedure at a younger or older age, depending on their specific needs and goals.
It is important to note that a deep plane facelift is a major surgical procedure that carries some risks, and not everyone is a suitable candidate. It’s crucial to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine if a deep plane facelift is the best option for you.
Results I Can Expect from a Deep Plane Facelift
The results of a deep plane facelift by Dr. Joseph Rousso in NYC are generally long-lasting, with patients often seeing significant improvements in their facial appearance that can last up to ten years or more. However, the actual duration of the results may vary depending on various factors such as the patient’s age, lifestyle, and genetics.
It is important to note that the aging process continues after surgery, and while a deep plane facelift can provide a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance, it does not stop the natural aging process. Therefore, patients may need additional treatments or touch-up procedures to maintain their desired appearance over time.
Why Choose a Deep Plane Facelift Over Traditional Facelift Surgery
A deep plane facelift is a type of facelift that targets the deeper layers of facial tissue and muscle, while a traditional facelift focuses more on the surface-level skin and fat. Here are some reasons why someone might choose a deep plane facelift over a traditional facelift:
- More natural-looking results: Because a deep plane facelift addresses deeper layers of tissue, it can produce more natural-looking results compared to a traditional facelift, which can sometimes leave the face looking “pulled tight” or “overdone.”
- Longer-lasting results: Because a deep plane facelift targets deeper layers of tissue, it can produce longer-lasting results compared to a traditional facelift.
- Fewer complications: Deep plane facelifts are associated with fewer complications than traditional facelifts, such as less bruising and swelling.
- Improved facial contouring: A deep plane facelift allows for more precise contouring of the facial features, as it addresses the underlying muscle and tissue structure.
- Customizable: A deep plane facelift can be customized to meet the individual needs and goals of each patient, making it a more personalized option.
The results of a deep plane facelift can be quite dramatic and long-lasting. Patients can expect to see improvements in:
- Facial contour: The procedure can restore definition and contour to the cheeks, jawline, and chin, creating a more youthful and attractive appearance.
- Skin laxity: A deep plane facelift can tighten loose and sagging skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Volume loss: The surgery can restore lost volume to the face, creating a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
- Overall appearance: Patients can expect a more youthful and natural-looking appearance, with improvements in skin texture, tone, and elasticity.
- However, it’s important to note that the results of a deep plane facelift may vary depending on individual factors such as age, skin condition, and overall health. It’s also essential to have realistic expectations and to understand that the results of any surgical procedure are not permanent and will continue to evolve with time.
Recovery from Deep Plane Facelift Surgery
The recovery time for a deep plane facelift can vary depending on several factors, including the patient’s age, overall health, and the extent of the procedure. In general, patients can expect to experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort in the days and weeks following the surgery.
Immediately after the surgery, patients will typically need to rest for several days, avoiding strenuous activity and keeping their head elevated to reduce swelling. Most patients will be able to return to work and resume normal daily activities after about two weeks, although some residual swelling and bruising may persist for several more weeks.
It is important to follow Dr. Rousso’s post-operative instructions carefully to ensure a safe and successful recovery. In general, patients should avoid smoking, alcohol consumption, and exposure to sunlight or other sources of UV radiation during the healing process. They should also avoid any activities that could potentially cause injury to the face, such as contact sports or heavy lifting. Dr. Rousso will provide you with specific guidelines tailored to your individual needs and circumstances.
A facelift consultation in NYC with Dr. Rousso is a friendly and open environment where patients can relax. This is your time to discuss rejuvenation goals with an NYC facelift expert and facial plastic surgeon that provides excellent treatment options. Dr. Rousso will provide honest advice and guidance on the types of treatments or surgeries that will deliver the results you wish to achieve.
If you or a family member need facial plastic surgery or reconstructive surgery for aesthetic or functional issues in New York City, take the time to meet with deep plane facelift expert Dr. Joseph Rousso for a consultation. His extensive education, experience and talent as a facial plastic surgeon cannot be surpassed, especially when it comes to balanced, natural-appearing results. Contact our office in New York to schedule your NYC Facelift consultation.